Chief Technical Officer
About The Role:
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced technologist to join our Leadership Team, reporting to our CEO. The role requires leadership of a team and the ability to communicate across an executive team with different backgrounds and strengths, influencing all stakeholders at HSM – we need someone we can trust to explain and deliver on our technology requirements.
Our future CTO must be able to strike a balance between being agile and engaging, as technology demands, while also operating within the healthcare environment which requires a focus on safety, quality and accreditation.
Our CTO will do this by achieving alignment across the clinical and tech teams at HSM. You’ll work within the tech team to implement a slick and delightful services architecture, and will have many opportunities to prototype, trial and push new technologies and be able to bring this back up to the Executive team for alignment across the organisation.
This is a highly technical role, and you will lead all things across the full technology stack. This is a leadership position, and it does require hands-on software analysis and development, while also coaching and leading software developers on the journey to building remarkable products and writing premium code and getting into the code every day. We want someone who can architect the tech so that it aligns not only with current requirements, but most importantly so that it accounts for the long term road map.
The CTO will have to perform some of the duties a Head of Engineering/ Project Manager would in larger organisations, with strong leadership skills and an ability to work across and within teams to influence decision making and explain and deliver our technology requirements to our Leadership Team.
- Act as a crucial member diverse Leadership Team influencing organisational decision making by explaining and delivering on our tech requirements
- Lead all things across the full technology stack. This includes taking on the backend API build, React frontend build, architecture roadmap, 3rd party integrations, prioritising technology initiatives, product growth and scaling, and leading a team of strong, talented software engineers.
- Act as the organisation’s data custodian, responsible for the security of our systems.
- Work very closely with our Head of Product/ Digital Therapeutics and our Clinical team of Psychologists and Health coaches. This will ensure the team can deliver features with a good level of autonomy, provided that the high level requirements and constraints are always kept in check.
- There’s a focus on creating an environment where our technology team works alongside our product design team, in order to implement the UX and UI requirements in a way that is scalable and maintains our clinical governance requirements.
- A proven track record of an ability to translate and communicate business cases for the roadmap to the engineering team as well as set expectations on all sides.
- Leadership skills and experience with the ability to influence, motivate and effectively engage direct reports and the Leadership team
- Tertiary qualification in IT, Engineering, or a relevant discipline.
- Several years of industry experience in software development, engineering, business intelligence, data science
- Deep experience with React or React Native
- Demonstrated strength in ETL development and data warehousing within AWS environment.
- Experience using big data technologies (Python, Spark, etc.)
- Strong experience with Golang, Postgresql, RabbitMQ (or other message broker experience), as well as Docker and Kubernetes
- Deep understanding of user experience and interface and experiencing working alongside a UX team in collaboration
- A track record in the health industry or at least in industries where regulation exists.
- Demonstrated senior experience in the management and implementation of large-scale complex projects to time and within budget, ideally in a health setting
- Significant experience in influencing, engaging and managing a variety of internal and external stakeholders demonstrating excellent consultation, liaison and negotiation skills to produce positive outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in planning and facilitating implementation of operational plans and annual budgets, as aligned to broader strategic objectives, and measuring and monitoring progress against targets and deliverables
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and the ability to interface effectively with senior and executive management
Bonus points for experience with:
- Developing health-related applications
- We proactively foster career development and invest in professional development to build on your existing skills. This role comes with your own individual professional development budget to attend training and/or conferences.
- We have a vibrant and flexible workplace culture with emphasis on purpose, our values and team collaboration.
- We encourage a combination of in office and work from home/ remote options for all HSM employees.
- Our office is conveniently located in Surry Hills, a short walk from Central Station
- Most importantly, we are very social with team outings and weekly team lunches and we love dogs – you can bring your dog to work!
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to Katherine Dixon, HR Manager, via email@example.com.
Applications close Monday 8 June at 5pm with the ideal candidate being able to start ASAP!