For expressions of Interest to head up our Clinical Services team, please email email@example.com with your background and to get more information about an upcoming opportunity!
Head of Finance
About The Role:
Part time (3-days a week)
A brand new opportunity has become available for a Head of Finance at Hello Sunday Morning (HSM). As a key member of the Leadership team this role contributes to our strategic direction; providing analysis and advice to our CEO, the Board and other senior managers regarding HSM finances and long term sustainability.
Our Head of Finance is responsible for keeping the CEO and Leadership team briefed on all significant financial trends, opportunities and risks. Ensuring comprehensive and effective financial management and achievement of key management and statutory reporting requirements via effective efficient and appropriate financial processes and systems.
- Ensure business requirements are being met on planning, budgets, forecasting (including cash flow management) analysis, financial reporting, audit requirements, risk management, property administration and that finance processes are efficient and effective.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budget variances, financial trends and forecasts to ensure effective and informed decision making.
- Provide information, analysis, reports and advice to the Board and the Audit and Risk Committee meetings as required.
- Provide analysis, insight and present well-reasoned recommendations to the Executive team, Board of Directors and CEO on finance performance of income streams
- Lead and oversee HSMs system of corporate governance by ensuring appropriate accountability and transparency exists within HSM financial practices.
- Ensure all statutory obligations under all relevant laws and regulations are complied with.
- Measure and control business risk through an effective financial risk management framework.
- Lead procurement and contractual arrangements for all HSM activities.
- Develop and foster a culture of good corporate financial governance.
- Lead the development and monitoring of strategic and operational business and financial plans
- Provision of strategic and operational performance reporting and analysis for CEO; Board and Executive
- Assist managers in consideration of resource implications and most effective financial approach to the delivery of new services and programs
- Play a leadership role in business development decisions and their management using relevant commercial assessments and strategic information
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline (essential)
- Current CPA or CA membership (essential)
- Post-graduate qualification in Business/ Accounting (preferred)
- 7+ years experience in the full range of financial and management accounting activities, including financial analysis, modeling and reporting
- Understanding and the ability to undertake financial reporting according to the new accounting standards (Revenue recognition for Non for Profits and Leases)
- Outstanding leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to think and act strategically
- Knowledge of relevant Australian Accounting Standards, Australian taxation legislation, particularly in relation to GST and FBT
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with a knack for making technical information understandable
- Proven stakeholder relationship management
- Ability to manage competing priorities with peaks in demands
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Agile, flexible, adaptable and comfortable with change and fast paced working environments
- Experience working within the not-for-profit or philanthropic sector and/or Digital technology space, will be a distinct advantage
- This role is part-time three days a week
- We proactively foster career development and invest in professional development to build on your existing skills. This role comes with your own individual professional development budget to attend training and/or conferences.
- We have a vibrant and flexible workplace culture with emphasis on purpose, our values and team collaboration.
- We encourage a combination of in office and work from home/ remote options for all HSM employees.
- Our office is conveniently located in Surry Hills, a short walk from Central Station
- Most importantly, we are very social with team outings and weekly team lunches and we love dogs – you can bring your dog to work!
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to Katherine Dixon, HR Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Wednesday 8 July at 5pm with the ideal candidate being able to start ASAP!