Head of Clinical
About The Role:
Hello Sunday Morning is looking for an innovative and strategic leader to lead our Clinical Services to the next phase.
You will be responsible for overseeing the strategy and team that works within the service design and service delivery of HSM’s digital programs. You will also be heavily involved in supporting the design and development of other services we develop into the future. The role sits within the executive leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO, and is the most senior clinical role in the organisation.
You will be responsible for overseeing all of the day-to-day activities for the clinical and clinical governance teams. This includes supporting the Clinical Manager in day to day service delivery, as well as the management, advice and support of our small clinical governance team. Our Clinical team is made up of incredible Psychologists, AOD Counsellors, Online Community Managers and Peer support Moderators. You will take charge of our health system and research partnerships, seeking and implementing partnerships in relation to product design and evaluation from a clinical perspective.
This role partners with our Head of Technology, and the broader leadership team to create initiatives for our members that are clinically sound, functional, user friendly and relevant to support our members change their relationship with alcohol, in the moment they need it.
Innovation, Clinical Design and Development
- Assess emerging technologies to optimise efficiencies relevant to HSM’s Strategy.
- Define and develop strategic opportunities and challenges that can be addressed via digital capabilities
- Innovate and implement new services in partnership with the Technology team
- Present new concepts to the Leadership team and Board gaining their buy-in to implement ideas.
- Guide development of clinical services in accordance with HSM values, organisational objectives, professional ethics and values, as well as digital privacy and security standards
- Actively work to ensure knowledge of digital therapeutics is current and up-to-date
- Work with UX Designers, Data Science, Engineers and other key cross-functional stakeholders to develop digital therapeutic content
- Assist with clinical assessment of new business development opportunities
- Inspire, supervise and develop leadership in others to ensure the delivery of quality evidence based digital therapeutics
- Foster an innovation mindset with our Clinical Team
- Ensure the development and delivery of quality evidence based digital therapeutics
Health, Research and Media Partnerships
- Develop and implement a research plan that demonstrates effectiveness of our Products to our funders, supporters and community
- Develop and nurture effective working relationships with external clinical services and research groups
- Represent Hello Sunday Morning at network meetings, conferences and events.
- Disseminate information about the clinical validity and utility of products through clinical presentations and publications and other channels.
- Lead research endeavours by ensuring that clinical aspects of research activities adhere to ethical standards, and any adverse events or ethical breaches are reported in a timely manner to governing bodies and research partners.
- Review and sign-off on outward facing materials with clinical content, including our web content and any content developed by the Marketing and PR teams
- Act as our Clinical spokesperson to the media, in relation to external opportunities
- Ensure the participation and representation of Hello Sunday Morning on committees and working parties.
- Liaise and form relationships with relevant bodies, including professional bodies.
- Provide leadership and guidance to support the Clinical Governance Manager and Clinical Manager enable Hello Sunday Morning to deliver services in line with quality and regulatory standards.
- Oversee the leadership of Clinical Governance requirements, in partnership with Clinical Governance Manager
- Support managers and staff across clinical and clinical support teams to ensure the principles of governance are at the centre of service provision.
- Facilitate, lead and support multidisciplinary clinical teams and lead clinicians in delivering improved member care, and to undertake quality monitoring and improvement initiatives including clinical risk management, clinical audit and clinical improvement initiatives.
- Use quality improvement principles and feedback methods to improve safety and quality processes and outcomes
- Regularly audit elements of clinical care including structure, processes, delivery standards and protocol adherence, and potentially outcomes of care.
Service Delivery and Improvement
- Achieve team HSM goals and strategic priorities ensuring the Design and Clinical Delivery teams are performing efficiently and effectively, and are engaged with HSM goals.
- Lead the delivery of accountable, effective and efficient clinical services
- Oversee, develop and implement clinical service models and products for Hello Sunday Morning to high standards with external stakeholders.
- Support the organisation to achieve ISO9001 accreditation and alignment with the Digital Mental Health Standards.
- Ensure existing clinical service models are reviewed and reflect best practice.
- Minimum of six years’ clinical experience at a senior level and appropriate professional qualifications and registration
- Experience as a successful decisive leader in a cross-functional environment adept at managing complex projects
- Strong commercial acumen with demonstrated stakeholder and relationship management skills with the ability to influence external partners. Added bonus if you’ve worked in commercial clinical service settings, or have commissioned these services.
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to build effective networks
- Proven track record in clinical operations and management, including planning, resource allocation, audits and quality and safety mechanisms.
- Understanding of funding models such as government, philanthropic grants, Medicare and activity-based funding
- Demonstrated network of GPs, and local service providers preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of private health insurance system
- Commitment to a collaborative team approach, staff development and self-development
- Strong project management skills and presentation skills with the ability to lead a team
- Experience working in Technology or similar environment (program management, any tech or software company, product management, ecommerce, or digital agencies)
- A background in either the alcohol and other drug sector, mental health sector, or chronic disease sector is required.
- Experience with Digital Health technology will be highly regarded and is preferred.
- We proactively foster career development and invest in professional development to build on your existing skills. This role comes with your own individual professional development budget to attend training and/or conferences.
- We have a vibrant and flexible workplace culture with emphasis on purpose, our values and team collaboration.
- We encourage a combination of in office and work from home/ remote options for all HSM employees. We are currently all working well from home!
- Our office is conveniently located in Surry Hills, a short walk from Central Station
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including access to Uprise app and EAP!
- Most importantly, we are very social with team outings and weekly team lunches and we love dogs – you can bring your dog to work!