Work within the Development Team, and the broader organisation to achieve our fundraising goals to have a real impact on the lives of people wanting to change their relationship with alcohol. Reporting to the Head of Development, you’ll get a chance to work on proposals, partnership pitches, and get a broad experience across corporate gifts and major gifts fundraising.
The successful candidate will be able to work with a large degree of autonomy whilst utilising their creativity, strategic mindset and “can-do” attitude to make a valuable contribution to our broader Development area.
You’ll demonstrate a positive and creative approach to your role, as well as a willingness to get stuck in to all tasks, understanding the complexities of and delivering campaigns and managing concurrent projects to deadlines.
We want someone with strong internal and external relationship building skills, and as a goal orientated individual, you are comfortable managing an end-to-end project including reporting on your achievements. In return you’ll get to work within a supportive team who enjoy working collaboratively and value open discussion.
- Drafting funding proposals and partnership pitches
- Desktop research to source new opportunities for corporate and trust and foundation giving
- Delivering pitches to prospective donors and corporate givers (in collaboration with the Head of Development) to secure new revenue
- Donor servicing including welcome calls and email recognition to major donors, individual givers and corporate donors
- Creating a workplace giving program (in collaboration with the Head of Development) including connecting with corporate giving platforms and providers to put HSM at the centre of programs, and drafting communications to acknowledge donors and highlight the impact of their support
- General administrative duties, coordination and support to the Development team
- Supporting the organisation to drive revenue with all activities
- Support the Fundraising Manager and Head of Development with our Individual giving Strategy and ongoing program, including responding to new donors queries
- Deliver internal and external communications, such as campaigns, articles profiling the work of grant providers, partners and our fundraising initiatives more broadly
- Building and nurturing positive relationships with all stakeholders, both internally and externally with individuals and organisations that support the organisation
- Work closely with the Grant Writer and Data Analyst on reports and dashboards that will measure key giving metrics, analyse results and identify trends.
- You’ll have previous experience in a marketing or fundraising role in either a charitable, not-for-profit or membership organisation
- You’ll have proven experience in achieving donation income
- You understand the complexities of developing and delivering fundraising campaigns, major donor management, and corporate giving connections
- You are able to manage concurrent projects to agreed timelines
- Your ability to nurture strong internal and external relationships is second nature
- You’ll have direct experience managing an end-to-end project including reporting back on outcomes
- You will bring strong stakeholder engagement experience, and an ability to coordinate, cultivate and develop relations across a range of donors, corporate supporters, and prospects, as well as servicing donor and partner commitments.
- You’ll have the strong ability to develop key messages and themes
- A commitment to Hello Sunday Morning’s values and vision. As a values driven individual you walk the walk and can demonstrate your experience or understanding of the unique challenges of working in the not-for-profit space.
About the Perks:
- We proactively foster career development and invest in professional development to build on your existing skills. This role comes with your own individual professional development budget to attend training and/or conferences.
- We have a vibrant and flexible workplace culture with emphasis on purpose, our values and team collaboration.
- We encourage a combination of in office and work from home/ remote options for all HSM employees.
- Our office is conveniently located in Surry Hills, a short walk from Central Station
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including access to Uprise app and EAP!
- Most importantly, we are very social with regular team outings and team lunches and we love dogs – you can bring your dog to work!
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter via LinkedIn address to Louise Claridge. Please apply as soon as possible and before Friday 12 March 2021. Please, no recruiters. Due to the high volume of applications we anticipate to receive for this role, we will only be able to contact candidates who progress to the next recruitment stage.